Thursday, February 13, 2014

10 things about us

1. We were married in December 2010, probably on the coldest day that year in warm-ish St. George, UT.


2. Bryce served a two-year LDS mission in Australia. We haven't been back to visit, but we are hoping to visit there someday.


3. Since high school, I've really liked editing, designing, writing, and dance. At Dixie college, my favorite class was self-defense for women. We actually had to fight a volunteer dude in front of the whole class. It was pretty freaky, but definitely worth it. I would recommend the class to every woman.


4. Apparently, Bryce and I met when we were really young. We were in the same neighborhood/ward for a little while. Also, Bryce's dad helped my parents with construction on the home that they built. Ironic? ;)

Pictures of us when we were little just for the fun of it. ;)
 

5. Bryce is incredibly talented, compassionate, and funny. I'm grateful that he has such a fun personality, he is always trying to help others laugh and have fun.  He's also very intelligent, I think he's amazing to be able to tackle full time work AND work on his Master's degree at the same time. 


6. I come from a mixed family. My mom had 2 daughters and my dad had 1 daughter (from their previous marriages) before they got married to each other and then had me. My parents got divorced when I was about 5, and I was raised mostly by my dad.{I'm not an extreme tomboy but I'm not well educated in girly matters either. Hence, my lack of makeup/fashion sense etc. Haha... also divorce sucks, just sayin'}


7. We like video games... Wii and Xbox/Kinect. That's probably a bit strange, but oh well. We also really love to watch movies together and discover new music that we like.



8. Bryce has sung in barbershop, and he loves it. I think he sings really well. (I don't have a picture of Bryce singing :/ I need to take more pics I think.)


9. I can lick my elbow, so there's that.  (I don't really have a picture of this occurrence, so here's a weird picture of me doing a hair flip thing. Haha...)


10. Life has so many ups and downs, but we're grateful for experiences that help us become stronger and help us increase our trust in the Lord. So many times in our lives, we have noticed that at the moments when we feel like giving up, a miracle often comes. Sometimes the miracle isn't what we expected at all, but God knows what is best for each person and he blesses us individually. The Lord will mercifully buoy us up in His own time, His timing is perfect. I'm grateful for these reminders when I know I can't continue on my own. Everyone is fighting their own battle, whether they make it known or not. I don't know everyone's struggles, but the Savior does and He can make burdens light if we'll rely on Him through everything. Keep going, keep trying. (Great quote from Elder Holland.)

Happy February everyone!
And... 
Happy Valentine's day/week/year!♥ 
Here's my forever Valentine, Bryce Skelton! I love you Bryce!
 
♥ ♥ ♥
Love, Us

No comments:

Post a Comment