"This story starts, as so many good stories do, at Deseret Industries. We found a cute little couch for our living room. We purchased it and pulled our jeep around to have the good people of DI load it up. Although I knew they could fit it into the back of the jeep if they would use some common sense, they struggled, and failed...in the pouring rain. They asked me to take out the spare tire, which I did. They then slid the couch in. When the back hatch wouldn't close, we pushed and forced until I could slam the hatch down and it clicked. I pulled the handle to see if it would open again and learned that the handle had broken and would not open the hatch. Tiah and I drove home wondering how on earth we were going to be able to get in and open the hatch when there was only about a foot of room around each side of the couch in the back of our jeep. When we got home, huge old me flubbered my way through the back driver side door and shimmied my way onto the couch, where I spent the next half hour removing screws and removing panels. After a soul-searching session of claustrophobic ingenuity, I reached my hand into the final panel and released the hatch. It was a joyous victory. We then took the couch inside and Tiah vacuumed out the six solid inches of food crumbs left in the cracks by the previous owners. I still haven't put the panels back on the jeep and I still have nightmares about the time I spent in the belly of the whale (jeep)."
Our little couch that feared it would have to stay in our Jeep forever.
Love, Us
No comments:
Post a Comment