It's amazing to watch how her character grows throughout the movie, and how she learns to trust herself, others, and God. The tagline for the movie is "Every Life is Beautiful" and I believe that phrase is true. I know this is one of those sensitive subjects, but the message of the movie is powerful. Everyone has a different opinion about pro-life and pro-choice and all that. I don't know enough about what is going on to debate it by any means... but I do believe that every baby/person deserves to be born and to live a beautiful life, which in some cases could mean that they get to belong to a loving family through adoption. This movie is inspiring, it points out that every life is beautiful and worth it- no matter what a person has experienced. [I choose not to write extremely personal things via blog, but I appreciate the message of this movie, because I have my own share of trials and insecurities. My childhood wasn't perfect, but I am grateful that I can rely on the Lord no matter what I'm going through. He is my Strength and Light, and the gospel of Jesus Christ is what has kept me going.] We all have different trials that make us stronger and a lifetime of experiences that make us who we are, each person is unique. Each person is needed. God loves every person perfectly, we can't even comprehend how much He loves us. Sooo... whoever you are that may be reading this (if anyone reads this haha) YOU are needed and your life is beautiful!
As I've been thinking about that movie and the main phrase, I thought about how each person we know has a unique story and each is amazing in their own way. I wanted to write something about each person in our family... just a tiny example of their extreme amazingness. :] I'm not sure if y'all will see this, but we appreciate you! (Disclaimer: This post might turn out kind of lengthy.)
I'll start with something about my padre Rodre. (Rod)- My dad has had many life threatening experiences, he has been blessed to be healed many times through his faith and the faith of others. I know that God has protected him, and I'm grateful for that. Dad, you're a hard worker and you have taught me a lot about life, especially since you had to raise me alone. Thanks for being a supportive dad and always going to my dance concerts/events, listening to me, and teaching me to be tough when faced with difficulties. Happy Birthday this week, we love you Dad! Next is something about my step-mom Janet. She has been through a lot, and is one of the strongest women I know. Thanks for being our stepmom and thank you for being the wonderful person/companion that you are for my Dad. We're happy you two found each other. To my step siblings Corey&Vivi, Tj, and Bridgette- You all amaze me with how strong you are. You all have contagious smiles and laughs. I hope we can all become better friends as the years go.
My mom. (Tammy)- Unfortunately, I don't know as much about my mom as I'd like to... but I do know that she is the strongest, most beautiful, and hard-working person I know. She has been through so much, and she works as many jobs as she needs to to support herself in this tough economy. I'm grateful that my mom was patient enough to give birth to me and didn't give up, despite the pains and complications she faced. She is my hero. Love you tons Mom.
Harmony
I'll try to keep the rest simple, even though I could write a whole page about everyone haha...
My sisters (half) and their families:
Harmony, my oldest sister. She is strong, honest, talented, independent, and she managed to graduate high school while she was living on her own. Jasel is a hard working, educated, fashion savvy lady! Lacey is talented, strong, and has taught herself to cook and bake like a pro. Even though they have all been through more than one person should, they are great examples of resilience and endurance. Thanks Harmony, Jasel, and Lacey for being my big sisters and friends. Harmony's husband Shaun, and their cute kids Samantha, Jaedra, Trevor, and Kaeden... Jasel's significant other Jason, Lacey's husband Brian and their daughter Aspen, are all amazing and fun. I wish we could see you all more and get to know you better :) Love ya!
Harmony
Skeltons!
(Some of the pics used are from the event's photographers)
Aaron and Aarin. (& Whitney and Kody) You have the most fun and adorable family ever. We admire your strength and ability to work so hard and be the amazing people that you are despite the trials you've been through. We look up to you guys. :)
Travis and Myriam. (& Shadd) You guys are so fun and outgoing. Your family is sooo cute and we love when we get to spend time with you guys! We wish we could see you more though, maybe someday we will all live closer and can play all the days. P.S. Your home-making/repairing skills are way impressive!
Aubree and Karson! You two take the cake for the cutest couple. Seriously though, how did you two get so dang photogenic and gorgeouso. ;) We have tons of fun with you guys, especially all the videos made and the Chinese food we've all devoured together. Karson, you're way smart and you have cool hats. Aubree, you bake better than Martha and your eye for cute thriftiness is amazing.
Jbz! (Jenelle) You are such a beautiful person! We don't get to hang out with you as often anymore and that makes us sad, but we're so proud of you for being the amazing young woman that you are. You're extremely witty, talented, and you have a contagious smile, so keep smiling and being who you are! Also, bull cuts. ;)
Hopefully I didn't miss anyone, if I did, tell me and I'll write an extra long paragraph about you hahh. To our extended family and friends that I didn't write something about, just know that we admire you for being the unique and wonderful people that you are! Also, my writing changed while I wrote those, from descriptions of the person to personal notes to them and etc and whatever... just go with it k haha.
But yeah... Every life is beautiful :) and we're blessed to be surrounded by great family and friends.
Love Us.















I started watching that movie and haven't had a chance to finish yet. I'm glad you're always so positive and quick to resolve any confrontation among our family. And Bryce has always been an example to me of how to be righteous, slow to judge, and compassionate. There have been so many times when I've felt poopy about myself and one of the two of you have facetimed, sent me a message or texted me something totally unrelated and turned my day around. You guys make me cry because of how much love you've shown to me and the family.
ReplyDeleteThank you for writing this and thanks for being the best ever. Both of you.
Awh, thanks so much Aubree! I appreciate your comment, and we appreciate all you do! You're such an incredible sister and friend. And we love facetiming, talking, and hanging out with you. Some of our favoritest memories are with you. A party isn't a party without Aubree! ;) Thanks for being supportive, kind, and always knowing how to make our day. We're so glad you're you! Love you tons.
DeleteTiah, I feel so blessed to have you in our family. Your sweet, humble, compassionate, loving nature is such an example to me. The two of you together are an unstoppable pair. I can't even count the times over the years that you have helped me through my trials. You both have such wisdom and patience. I am sure that Tyler is where he is now in part because of your good counsel and love. I love you guys and pray for you to have every good thing in life!
ReplyDelete