Sunday, February 16, 2014

Reminders

Hey! So... today the temperature got to 50 degrees! It felt kinda warm :O especially since the sun came out for the first time in a while. It's been a cloudy week, so the weather today was super exciting. It rained, hailed, and winded today besides the warm, but that's okay. I was reminded how much I love the sunlight. The clouds are like tough days, they can seem very dark, but the sun will come out... and the Son can help us overcome the cloudy days, because He has already overcome all the afflictions of every person. The sunlight reminds me of His love for us. Also...

Sometimes we compare our entire situation/worth to someone's great success or admirable quality. Each person has their own "behind-the-scenes" and each person is fighting their own battles that we aren't aware of. So when we think that we want to be in someone else's shoes because of some great things about them, we need to be willing to take on everything about them... struggles, insecurities, flaws, memories, experiences, and everything that makes them who they are. (We need to realize that we can't compare another person's "highlight reel" to our own "behind-the-scenes," that's not a fair comparison.) Every person is unique and wonderful, and while it's good to see the remarkable things in others, we need to let go of the urge to compare and compete with them. We can celebrate the good in each other without feeling like we're worthless, because we are all just trying to do our best. We have failures and we have successes. You're the only you, so be you. I don't know about anyone else, but to be honest... I needed this reminder.

I really like this picture, I think it has a bunch of great reminders. Marriage is the most important relationship, and it's worth every effort to keep it strong. Although no relationship is perfect, we can do our best and improve so that our relationships can be the best that we can make them.
I'm grateful for the reminders that help me to have a more positive perspective. I have days when I feel like the dark clouds aren't going to go away, but they do. It always helps to count the blessings and see the good, and the Lord is there to help each of us through. I'm grateful for my amazing&sweet husband Bryce, he is my hero and my best friend. His good attitude and smile always remind me to keep trying and stay happy. I love you Bryce!   Love, T
And just for fun...

No comments:

Post a Comment