Trials are a part of everyone's life. Although trials are difficult, trying, and sometimes feel unbearable... they help us become stronger, they build us to become who we need to be, they can help us learn certain lessons/patience, and they hopefully bring us closer to Christ. I don't always know why things happen or why life seems so confusing sometimes, but I know that everything will work out if we do our best and trust in God. His timing is perfect.
![]() |
| (Picture from lds.org) |
Bryce and I teach some of the 9 year olds in primary, and the lesson last Sunday was about the Prophet Abraham. I love when I get to watch Bryce teach, he is a great teacher and I learn a lot from him. Anyway, we got to learn more about Abraham and the promises that were his, from God, if he remained faithful. He would be given those promised blessings in his life, but also for Eternity. Some blessings don't come right when "we think they should." Our Heavenly Father knows the right time for everything, and His blessings to His children (us) come at the right time. Though this is hard to comprehend at times, and even though we have trials, God will be there to help us and guide us through everything. We will be much happier if we trust Him.
Bryce and I feel more grateful for one another because of the trials we have had in the past. I'm grateful that God answers prayers, often not in the way that we expect, but in a way that is better than we can imagine.
Buying a home was an interesting experience for us. We didn't know what we were doing, to be honest hahah... we found a place that we thought was the right place. Without much thought, we headed to sign some paperwork to start the buying process for this little home. On the way over though, we both felt an uneasy "stupor of thought" about the home.We discovered that neither of us felt good about signing the contract that day. We let our "buyer's agent" know that we needed more time to think. A week later, we felt pretty good about the home. Probably on that same day, the realtor lady called me and said that the sellers would not go down on the price. She said that if we wanted the home that we were going to have to pay a lot of extra money that it wasn't worth. We were relieved that we hadn't signed a contract for that home. Even though we experienced some difficulties while looking for a home...we felt the Lord's hand in our decisions to be able to find the right place at the right time. We're grateful for our home. Along with this post, I'll add for those that are curious, we do want our own kiddos. We have for a while, but we know the Lord will bless us with our own kiddos when the time is right. Everyone has different circumstances and we aren't sure what the Lord has planned, but we know His plans are best.
I love this quote from Elder Holland. It's a great reminder that helps me through tough times. Don't you quit.
Love, Us






Such wise words. I am always impressed with the good attitude you both have about life and its difficulties. I'm so glad that you have each other and I know when the time is right you guys will be the best parents in the whole world!
ReplyDelete