On the flip-side, I feel very grateful to have been able to be in college for as long as I have. I'm retiring from school for now;) because silly ol' fafsa didn't offer me grants this year to help out with tuition. School is too expensive without the financial help, so all in good time hopefully I'll be able to finish my degree someday. It's interesting how things work out because this past semester I've been thinking about how I would maybe like to change my major and possibly take a break from school so that I could start paying off my school loan debt. I couldn't make up my mind, so I applied for a scholarship to see if I could try and go full time next semester... but I didn't get it. Then USU decided to lower tuition for online students, so I thought if I could get a grant, I would for sure do school in the fall. Well, no financial aid for me except more loan debt, so I feel that it's a blessing that I wasn't completely set on doing school in the fall because it's not really an option now. College is a lot of fun and I'll be forever grateful for the education that I've received, especially since Bryce and I met in college haha stay in school.
Also I wanted to add something exciting! Guess what? Nope, we're not expecting you to guess. Bryce was able to get a summer scholarship this year to help out a little financially. Also he will be able to get more classes done so that he can graduate earlier. Yay! I'm so proud of him, he definitely deserves it because he whups out A's like nobody's business. That sentence is questionable but hopefully you know what I mean. Hahaha. Bryce works so hard and is such a smart guy, I learn a lot from him. Master degrees don't receive grants from fafsa, so it's pretty much loans and debt for now. We're excited for Bryce to get done with school and to someday be debt free!! Sounds like a dream. I am going to eat a giant bowl of fettuccine alfredo the day we pay off our school debt, because by then I might be oldish and trying not to eat as much pasta or whatever...not really. Haha but yeah, carbs all around, they're delicioso. Overall, life is good and we're grateful for what we have. Sometimes life kicks us in the butt though. It's amazing sometimes to look back and wonder how you got through certain things. We are grateful for the Lord's guidance, because we know we couldn't do it without Him. He really is there for each of us. Each person is struggling with something, I hope you know that you're loved and not forgotten. God knows and loves you.
Love, Us

I think it's pretty rare to go through school without any debt. I'm still paying off my loans too, and it's poopy. Imagine if you guys had gone out of state to school! That's tens-of thousands of dollars more than staying in Utah.
ReplyDeleteJust the same, that's exciting news that Bryce will be done a bit sooner than planned. As far as some time off for you, I've been on a break from school for a year and it's wonderful.
How's Kitty?
Thanks Aubree! I agree that it's pretty normal to have school debt. How are you enjoying your job? You're amazing to have gotten your Bachelor's degree already and to be working as hard as you do. Sunny Kitty is good. She is pretty cuddly when she's asleep, but she's a wild lil thing when she's awake. She has nice sharp claws, so that's fun. We love her lots though haha.
ReplyDeleteI like the name Sunny, it's perfect for a kitty. Looking forward to meeting her in June.
ReplyDelete