It's not Christmas yet, but Merry Christmas to you, our amazing family and friends! I read a quote somewhere that said "Today is next year's Christmas memories, make it one that you will always cherish." I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes in the holiday season... I forget to stop and think. December is a busy month with all the ward/work/family parties, college finals for some, work, and all the other things that seem to happen right near Christmas. It's good to recognize that the time to enjoy Christmas is right now, and we don't have to overwhelm ourselves with the cultural holiday to-do's. The messages in our church today had a lot to do with remembering the true meaning of Christmas. We celebrate the Savior's birth, but we also celebrate His life and His love for us. He is the reason that we can have hope and happiness, and He has already given us the greatest gift. Everything about Christmas can be symbolic and turn us towards Christ. When I realize that, and when I stop and think, Christmas becomes more meaningful and Christmas spirity. We feel extremely grateful to have such incredible family and friends. You all mean a lot to us and we hope you're doing well wherever you are!
(On a side note... and definitely off topic haha... we won some tickets to go and see The Hobbit and Frozen this month. They are awesome movies, we recommend them!) What are some of your favorite holiday movies and traditions? We're beginning to make our own traditions and it's fun to celebrate Christmas in our first home that we plan to live in for longer than a year yay! We've moved once every year since we got married and it feels great to live in a nice place that we can stay in for a while. We're grateful to be in an amazing ward and have great neighbors. (On another side note, I'm so so proud of Bryce for doing so great in all of his college classes this semester. He is working full time and working on his Master's degree at the same time. He spent a lot of time writing quite a few papers for his finals this month, and he got A's in his classes. He amazes me evvvery-day. I'm grateful to be married to the most amazing man I know.)
Anyways, Merry Christmas everyone!
We hope your 2013 has been great and that you have a happy New Year!
Love, Bryce and Tiah...
Eskeleto
No comments:
Post a Comment